Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
1. Do I need any other equipment to make them work?
2. Do we supply Custom In-Ear Monitors to International destinations?
3. How long does it take to manufacture a Custom In-Ear Monitor?
4. Does Ultimate Ears keep the ear impressions or send them back with the order?
5. What if my music doesn’t sound right?
If the music doesn’t sound full and you have a weak bass response you may have a problem with your seal. Please view the Proper Insertion video to achieve the correct seal.
If you still do not have a great bass response after viewing this video, you may need a fit alteration. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can remedy your situation.
6. Do I need or want the passive ambient feature for my Custom In-Ear Monitors?
7. What is the Custom In-Ear Monitor Signal Chain and what kind of equipment is involved?
8. Can UE armatures survive a thump or pop sound from the start up of a portable amplifier? Are these types of sounds damaging to the speakers over time?
Another issue that can arise is if the power amp (the headphone amp) is not happy driving low impedance IEMs. To avoid problems of this nature, we suggest buying an inline volume control for less than $10 available at retail electronics stores. Turn the volume (it's just a variable resistance) all the way down and then turn the system on. The in-rush current will be resisted and much of the voltage will drop across the resistor. Thus, the armatures will experience a much smaller (if any at all) pop or thump.
9. How do I find international dealers for Ultimate Ears?
10. Can I cancel or receive a refund on my custom product order?
Generally, we process payment upon receipt of your order and begin the production of your custom product immediately upon receiving your impressions. If you have not sent your impressions to our Irvine production facility, and you need to cancel your order, please contact us as soon as possible so that we may remit applicable charges back to your credit card.
Whether I am using my in-ear monitors on stage during a live performance, in the studio during a recording session or on a plane listening to music on my iPod, everything comes through so clearly, says globally renowned recording artist Seal. With Ultimate Ears, singing - and listening - becomes a simple pleasure
My buddy Ray Luzier told me that I had to give Ultimate Ears a shot. So I took his word for it and did it! All I can say is that my Ultimate Ears 11 Pros give me the perfect pitch! The sound quality is amazing! I crank the low end and it has no problem taking it. I will never use anything else! I love my Ultimate Ears!