Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
1. Do I need any other equipment to make them work?
2. Do we supply Custom In-Ear Monitors to International destinations?
3. How long does it take to manufacture a Custom In-Ear Monitor?
4. Does Ultimate Ears keep the ear impressions or send them back with the order?
5. What if my music doesn’t sound right?
If the music doesn’t sound full and you have a weak bass response you may have a problem with your seal. Please view the Proper Insertion video to achieve the correct seal.
If you still do not have a great bass response after viewing this video, you may need a fit alteration. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss how we can remedy your situation.
6. Do I need or want the passive ambient feature for my Custom In-Ear Monitors?
7. What is the Custom In-Ear Monitor Signal Chain and what kind of equipment is involved?
8. Can UE armatures survive a thump or pop sound from the start up of a portable amplifier? Are these types of sounds damaging to the speakers over time?
Another issue that can arise is if the power amp (the headphone amp) is not happy driving low impedance IEMs. To avoid problems of this nature, we suggest buying an inline volume control for less than $10 available at retail electronics stores. Turn the volume (it's just a variable resistance) all the way down and then turn the system on. The in-rush current will be resisted and much of the voltage will drop across the resistor. Thus, the armatures will experience a much smaller (if any at all) pop or thump.
9. How do I find international dealers for Ultimate Ears?
10. Can I cancel or receive a refund on my custom product order?
Generally, we process payment upon receipt of your order and begin the production of your custom product immediately upon receiving your impressions. If you have not sent your impressions to our Irvine production facility, and you need to cancel your order, please contact us as soon as possible so that we may remit applicable charges back to your credit card.
“Before I got my Ultimate Ears, it was extremely hard to hear my voice in its soft register over all the instruments. I ended up having to push all of the notes very hard in order to hear myself, and it changed the charm of the songs intensely…. I would say without a doubt having Ultimate Ears aided my progression from a beginner, moderate performer, into a fully confident, professional live act. Thanks for that.”
Ultimate Ears ear monitors are more snug than the others, allowing less stage volume to bleed in. If you've ever heard my band close, you'll realize that our stage volume is deafening...so thank you Ultimate Ears