Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
1. Do I need any other equipment to make them work?
2. Do we supply Custom In-Ear Monitors to International destinations?
3. How long does it take to manufacture a Custom In-Ear Monitor?
4. Does Ultimate Ears keep the ear impressions or send them back with the order?
5. What if my music doesn’t sound right?
If the music doesn’t sound full and you have a weak bass response you may have a problem with your seal. Please view the Proper Insertion video to achieve the correct seal.
If you still do not have a great bass response after viewing this video, you may need a fit alteration. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can remedy your situation.
6. Do I need or want the passive ambient feature for my Custom In-Ear Monitors?
7. What is the Custom In-Ear Monitor Signal Chain and what kind of equipment is involved?
8. Can UE armatures survive a thump or pop sound from the start up of a portable amplifier? Are these types of sounds damaging to the speakers over time?
Another issue that can arise is if the power amp (the headphone amp) is not happy driving low impedance IEMs. To avoid problems of this nature, we suggest buying an inline volume control for less than $10 available at retail electronics stores. Turn the volume (it's just a variable resistance) all the way down and then turn the system on. The in-rush current will be resisted and much of the voltage will drop across the resistor. Thus, the armatures will experience a much smaller (if any at all) pop or thump.
9. How do I find international dealers for Ultimate Ears?
10. Can I cancel or receive a refund on my custom product order?
Generally, we process payment upon receipt of your order and begin the production of your custom product immediately upon receiving your impressions. If you have not sent your impressions to our Irvine production facility, and you need to cancel your order, please contact us as soon as possible so that we may remit applicable charges back to your credit card.
Sound Engineer, Bowling for Soup
Not a day goes by where I dont use my Ultimate Ears 11 Pros and why should it; nothing else out there beats their even response, snug fit or the confidence that they give me - whether its on the stage or behind a mixing desk. Finally a company that listens to its clients needs and never fails to deliver a product that is worthy of the hours engineers devote to perfecting their art form. Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends and Ultimate Ears start... Anyone who has ever experienced the bliss of listening through Ultimate Ears
Monitor Engineer, Fall Out Boy
“The fidelity, durability and reliability of Ultimate Ears products surpass any other in ear company out there. Every artist I work with is immediately introduced to UE-7 customs. Thank you UE for your support and for the most important tool in my bag!”